Saturday, February 5, 2011

Köln

Hello!

So I made it safely to Germany!! I only got sick on 1 of 4 flights which was an accomplishment and Leisel was with me when I got sick, which was a good thing and a bad thing. Good because I knew that she wasn't judging me too much for getting sick and bad because although she wasn't judging me she laughed at me for a long time. And although I made it safely to Düsseldorf my bags did not make it. Luckily the bags made it safely to Joerg and Andrea´s haus the next afternoon. So that was good.

On Saturday we went to Cologne or Köln. It was really cool. We saw the Cathedral or Dom. (yup my German is pretty much amazing, I know about 10 words). It was really amazing. The stain glass windows were awesome and it was just a really cool Cathedral.

Just a few pictures of the Cathedral in Köln. After walking through the Cathedral we went walked down by the Rhein River. Then we went to a Chocolate Museum :) Where we saw how chocolate is made and we even got to sample some chocolate. It was delicious chocolate.

These are some of the highlights of Köln. Another highlight was lunch, for lunch we ate Currywirst. Currywirst is traditional food for the region. It is a type of sausage with sauce on it and served with fries. I thought it was really good. Our day in Köln was a great way to start our 5 months in Europe.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful girls in a beautiful city. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmm Currywurst :) Aw Katie I'm so jealous that you're in Germany right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun. When we were in Koln the cathedral was closed so we couldn't go inside. Thanks for posting! Have fun! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds amazing! Give all the Majers a big hug for me!!! P.S. it's wurst not wirst :) Wurst means sausage. Have a blast!

    ReplyDelete