Friday, March 4, 2011

I Heart Venezia

My latest adventure took my to the picturesque land of Venice, Italy! The locals call at Venezia. Shout out to VENEZIA! woot woot! There are so many pictures and so many fun things to say about Venezia. I feel like a list is appropriate.

Carnival
It was/is Carnival right now in Venice. I think it is just starting. But there were a lot of people dressed up in their Carnival costumes. I wonder what kind of jobs they have that allow them to dress up and wonder the streets all day getting their pictures taken.

Indiana Jones Library
Remember in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade how Indy went to a library in Venice and found catacombs and what not? Well, unfortunately the inside of that library in London somewhere but the outside of the library is in Venice. It is the Church of San Barnaba. You bet that we went and took pictures by the church.
Basilica di San Marco
This is an amazing Cathedral. The inside is absolutely amazing! And it was free to walk through. That is a bonus.
Burano
Burano is a little island by Venezia. It is a fisherman's village and it is said that the fishermen all painted their houses bright colors so they could find they way back home. Where this is true or not I don't know. But Burano is a way cool village. All the houses are bright colors and it has such a fun atmosphere.
















Wandering Aimlessly Throughout Venezia
Venezia is a beautiful city. One of the best ways to see it is to wander without any purpose. Or get lost. Getting lost is really easy there, trust me! I have never felt so lost in my life. But it is good to get lost because then you see a lot of the city and you see the beauty of the city.

Venice is an amazing city! It is a photographer's paradise. I would definitely recommend it. But I would suggest going in the spring or summer. The food there is amazing and the atmosphere is a lot of fun.






3 comments:

  1. I love this post!!!!! You're so cute, I love seeing your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That video is the coolest thing ever! Is he playing crystal glasses?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its amazing huh kellie! He was playing crystal glasses and he was playing a bunch of different songs and he even had a cd! He is pretty much the coolest guy ever!

    ReplyDelete