Saturday, March 26, 2011

Books, Books, Books

Something that is different in Salzburg is that everything closes down really early (like 6 or 7) except for the bars of course. And since heading out to the local bars to get wasted isn't the first thing on my To-Do list, I have discovered (once again) my love for reading.
Since arriving in Europe I have read:
To Kill A Mockingbird- Harper Lee
A story of childhood, adventure, and discovery. I recommend to all.

Garden Spells- Sarah Addison Allen
A book about sisters, a mother protecting her daughter, and growing.
I recommend to those who like quick good reads.
Southern Lights- Danielle Steel
A story of an assistant DA and her daughter and their struggles when forced to live apart during an especially difficult case. It is predictable but has a good story.
The Princess Bride- William Goldman
This is a book of about True Love. It is hilarious, engaging, and fun.
I recommend to everyone.
I finished the Princess Bride today. I found some pretty cheap Penguin Popular Classic books while in Wien. So right after finishing The Princess Bride, I started Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift. It is sort of nice living in a dorm with limited internet access because it helped me remember how much I love to read.
Of the books that I have read thus far I would rate them like this:
  1. To Kill A Mockingbird
  2. The Princess Bride
  3. Garden Spells
  4. Southern Lights
I love reading. I love remembering that I love to read. I love reading on cold rainy days, like today. I'm sure that spring will come one day! Until then, I am open to any book recommendations. Yay Books! :)

4 comments:

  1. Katie, this makes me so happy! I remember when you didn't like to read and you only did it because you had to. I love "To Kill a Mockingbird" it is one of my favorite books. Another one of my favorite books is "East of Eden". I have 2 copies I should have sent you one in the package I sent last week. Another really great book is "The Help". Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kim completely! To kill a mockingbird and East of Eden are on my favorites list. As for your other books, haven't read them and most certainly will! The princess bride is also a great one, sooo funny. I think its better than the movie in terms of humor! I'm always on the lookout for good books to read, so let me know if you find any others and I will do the same with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love The Princess Bride! So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great quick read is "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho. I would definitely recommend it!!

    Oh how I miss the slower European pace to life... I don't understand why we got rid of it over here

    ReplyDelete